Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Vice President of Operations
Vice President of Operations
|Department:||Schools Management Services|
|Office:||BASIS Independent Schools Central Office - Scottsdale|
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent School provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just a few years, we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PreK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What you should expect
The Vice President of Operations is charged with the oversight of school business operations at each of the campuses in BASIS Independent Schools’ growing network, and establishing business operations at each new campus. He or she will ensure all campus’s financial and academic success through management of Heads of Operations at each campus, strong partnership with academic leadership, and collaboration with leaders of shared business service departments including finance, facilities, human resources, IT, legal, etc. The VP of Operations is accountable for setting and maintaining a culture of excellence and collaboration among school operations teams that enables each school to deliver outstanding classroom instruction and build a thriving community while meeting annual budgetary targets and high standards of customer service.
- Manage each of the Heads of Operations
- Contribute to new school site selection and real estate development process
- Communicate facility, operational, and brand standards to construction and design team to incorporate into new campus designs
- Establish business operations at each new campus
- Ensure successful new campus handoff from construction team to school operations team
- Collaborate with facilities and capital projects team on capital expenditure planning and execution
- Act as key liaison with finance team on school budget creation and management
- Support all insurance programs and processes for schools
- Manage re-enrollment business process
- Maintain enrollment business policies and documentation
- Establish policies and processes for auxiliary program management including revenue and expense goals
- Provide executive-level approval as necessary on purchases, contracts, etc.
- Promote innovation and continual improvement of business practices
- Establish and maintain onboarding programs for each operational department leadership role
- Provide ongoing professional development and leadership mentoring
- Demonstrated knowledge of management principles and practices with the ability to act analytically and strategically both for long-term planning and to quickly solve problems
- Sound understanding of basic finance and accounting practices and principles
- Ability to promote teamwork and a proven record of strong leadership
- Excellent computer skills; ability to learn and effectively utilize software tools including purchasing, financial, contract management, and ticketing software in addition to a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and a collaborative management style
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Desire to work in a role and environment serving children
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Willingness to be hands-on in order to ensure that school operational needs are met
- Patience, flexibility, and a sense of humor
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and creative
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or similar; master’s degree preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience in school operations, facilities, business operations, finance, hospitality management, or similar
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.