Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed is seeking a Staff Accountant to join its team! BASIS.ed currently manages 27 tuition-free public charter schools across Arizona, Texas, Washington, D.C., and Louisiana that are consistently ranked among the best K-12 schools in the United States. The BASIS.ed Central Offices team provides critical support to our top ranked schools.
Your ability to drive results impacts our schools' success and the global growth of our organization. If you are excited about how your work will influence educational outcomes or support global growth, bring that excitement with you to this role!
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Controller with the reconciliations for the monthly close process, monthly journal entries and other special projects, as well as development and analysis of financial models. Perform financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting, cash flow modeling, variance analysis, and ad-hoc analysis on a diverse range of projects.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Month-end, year-end close, analysis and reconcilement of balance sheet accounts.
- Support accounts payable and accounts receivable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry.
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet and general ledger records.
- Prepare and review fixed assets reconciliations.
- Retrieve and analyze financial data directly from financial databases.
- Generate reports using Microsoft Excel for further analysis.
- Prepare and analyze budget variance reports.
- Document policies and procedures
- Review agreements and recommend appropriate cost allocations
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from a regionally accredited college or university.
Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar role.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office - must have advanced proficiency with MS Excel. Sage/Intacct and SAP/Concur experience required.
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX