Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
The BASIS.ed Central Offices provide critical support to our top ranked schools. Your ability to drive results impacts our schools' success and the global growth of our organization. We are currently looking to hire a Staff Accountant for our Scottsdale office. The role of the Staff Accountant is to assist in all areas relating to BASIS.ed accounting, process accounts payable, and assist in ensuring accurate and timely financial statements. Apply today and join our growing organization!
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Controller with the reconciliations for the monthly close process, monthly journal entries and other special projects.
- Prepare general journal entries and reconciliations.
- Support accounts payable and accounts receivable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry.
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet and general ledger records.
- Prepare and review fixed assets reconciliations.
- Maintain accurate account balances.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of the accounting principles and practices.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of general accounting principles.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read and understand financial forms and reports.
- Proficient with Sage Intacct, preferred.
- High standard of attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office skills with Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Knowledge and understanding of intercompany transactions and reconciliations.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting; OR, any equivalent combination of 1-3 years’ experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.