Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Speech and Debate Coach
Speech and Debate Coach
BASIS Ahwatukee is seeking qualified candidates for a Grades 9th-12th Speech and Debate Coach (Part-Time) for the 2021/22 school year!
Build on the Competitiveness of High School Speech and Debate Program to continue to establish its reputation for excellence on local, state, and national level.
Teach Speech and Debate After-School Classes.
Provide professional development to build the capacity of teachers to implement Speech and Debate into classes and develop core skills.
Oversee Speech and Debate Web Page.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Design and conduct recruitment/outreach programs to attract new speech and debate team members
- Create a schedule of local and travel competitions
- Manage Speech and Debate budget
- Sponsor an active chapter of the NSDA
- Build relationships with peer schools in the league
- Establish and monitor metrics for success for each program
- Program Development and Cultural Integration
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of teaching and coaching experience desirable
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Record of commitment to diversity and wellness
- Superior communication and management skills
- Experience working with high school students
- Experience as a competitor or coach in speech and debate events
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.