Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Special Education Aide (2020-21)
Special Education Aide (2020-21)
|Office:||BASIS Washington DC|
|Location:||Washington DC, DC|
BASIS DC is seeking qualified candidates for a Special Education Aide for the 2020-21 school year!
The role of the Special Education Assistant (SPED Assistant) is to assist in all aspects of the Special Education Program at the school’s site. Special Education Assistants help maintain communication channels with parents, peers, and supervisors regarding all Special Education (SPED) items and provide paraprofessional support for individual students.
- Schedule meetings with students, parents, and teachers in connection with the child find process
- Plan implementation with special educational needs in general education settings such as, classrooms, halls, lunchroom, playground, etc.
- Provide paraprofessional or one-on-one support to individual students, as needed
- Help the SPED Coordinator in all aspects of implementing Individual Education Plans (IEP) and 504 plans
- Work collaboratively with Senior SPED/SPED Coordinator(s) and SPED Specialist(s)
- Serve as a special education point of contact for parents
- Provide support to teaching staff
- Collect and maintain paperwork associated with IEP and 504 plans and ensure confidentiality and integrity of student records and progress information
- Schedule and facilitate all hearing and vision screenings for students, if applicable
- Assist in the facilitation of student plan reviews
- Support the Senior SPED/SPED Coordinator(s) by performing administrative and clerical tasks
- Maintain regular, full, predictable attendance
- Supervise individual students and/or groups of students
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Certifications and Credentials: Valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card and/or satisfactory applicable state background check
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Certifications and Credentials: Passing score on applicable paraprofessional exam
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.