Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
|Office:||BASIS Independent Brooklyn|
BASIS Independent Brooklyn is seeking qualified candidates for a Safety Coordinator!
Who we are...?
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in?extraordinary outcomes.?In just a few years, we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!?
You can expect to...
The Safety Coordinator at BASIS Independent Brooklyn is responsible for providing a welcoming and safe environment for our school community by being the first point of contact for families and visitors.? As a member of the school operations team, the Safety Coordinator works closely with the Head of Operations on the development and maintenance of safety procedures and documentation as well as training outsourced security staff to ensure the wellbeing of our community and efficient operation of our events and services.
- Overseeing building access, appropriate background checks, security monitors, and periphery checks for the general safety and welfare of the school building and occupants.
- Supports the Facilities Coordinator with regular inspections of all areas of the campus to ensure that the facility is maintained to the highest standard and that any safety, health or cleaning issues are addressed immediately.
- Assists in the daily supervision of school entrances during arrival and dismissal as required.
- Provides safety and security at all school events as required.
- Coordinate, train and evaluate contracted security guard to maintain the highest standard for the safety and wellbeing of the school community.
- Participates in the planning and execution of emergency protocols (e.g. fire drills).
- Performs specials projects as assigned by the Head of Operations.
- Passing score on NYS 8-hour Pre-Assignment Security exam.
- Ability to complete the Fire Guard (F-1) NYC Certificate of Fitness in the first 6 months of employment.
- Work school hours and be willing to adjust schedule to provide security at evening and weekend events as directed by the Head of Operations.?
The Nitty Gritty...?
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.?
Note:? BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.? All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.