Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
|Office:||BASIS Independent McLean|
BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for a Registrar!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just a few years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to...
BASIS Independent McLean, a PK-12 school, is seeking a Registrar to support our culture of academic excellence and to ensure the success of our students. This position is all about systems and organization, and requires great attention to detail due to the complex elements of our dynamic instructional program. With so many moving parts, we need someone that can simultaneously see the big picture and also arrive at the smallest details quickly. Through elevated expectations and a willingness to ensure that all teachers, staff, and students have the support they need to be successful, our Registrar will take a meticulous approach to managing student records in order to enhance the educational experience.
- Assisting admissions in organizing and managing registration of new students and assisting operations in managing registration of returning students
- Managing records of current students and reporting to Department of Education
- Work with student affairs and health coordinator to keep supplemental records organized
- Assist Director of Academic Programs in coordinating standardized testing across grades PK-12
- Coordinate progress reports and report card distribution, and produce and distribute award certificates at close of grading periods
- Print and distribute mid-trimester and mid-grading period reports, and collect signed copies
- Assist in auditing gradebooks
- Track collection of report card envelopes
- Assist front desk with monitoring attendance
- Managing student academic and attendance data in the student information system (PowerSchool)
- Coordinate with Curriculum Coordinator and Director of Academic Programs on student enrollment, withdrawals, and student schedules
- Assist in processing schedule changes
- Process student requests for transcripts and academic records
- Communicate with previous schools for records of incoming students new to BIM and with schools to which BIM students are transferring
- Assist in following up on BELA completion reports
- Assist in inputting scheduling and course information into BELA
- Work closely with the Curriculum Coordinator and Director of Academic Programs to develop and manage the master schedule and curriculum, using a suite of software tools
To join our team you must...
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree with appropriate clearance
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of administrative experience, a school setting or youth-serving organization is preferred
- Have strong organizational skills and scrupulous attention to detail
- Be flexible and willing to help with projects as needed
- Be proficient in using Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
Job Reference #: 754013