Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Primary Director of Student Affairs
Primary Director of Student Affairs
|Office:||BASIS International School Hangzhou|
BASIS International School Hangzhou is seeking qualified candidates for the Director of Student Affairs - Primary School for the 2020-21 school year!
BASIS International Schools are part of one of the most collaborative and professional teaching communities. Leadership opportunities within BASIS International Schools offer a tremendous pathway to working in an international capacity with a global school network that includes some of the highest performing schools in the world.
BASIS International School Hangzhou is seeking a primary school Director of Student Affairs to cultivate an environment of hard work and academic excellence among our students.
Highly focused on academic outcomes, the Director of Student Affairs is responsible for establishing student support programs that lead to exceptional student outcomes. Through elevated expectations of student capabilities and a willingness to ensure that all students have the support they need to be successful, this person will take a data driven approach to assessing the needs of the students and allocate the resources needed to enhance the students’ educational experience.
BASIS International Schools is a part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools network. BASIS Curriculum Schools are consistently ranked among the top 10 programs in the U.S. and are competitive on an international scale. Opportunities with BASIS International Schools are nearly unmatched.
- Establish and coordinate behavior intervention programs
- Provide strategic vision and insight to deepening grade structures
- Assign grades to Dean(s) of students
- Oversee student arrival and dismissal procedures
- Manage College Guidance coordinator and program
- Review and approve individual academic plans for advancement
- Monitor students and direct Deans in managing student academic plans
- Establish, coordinate, and effectively communicate academic and behavioral performance plans with students, teachers, and parents
- Provide support to teachers regarding student achievement, classroom management, and overall best practices
- Lead grade team level meetings and staff meetings
- Monitor student academic performance
- Work closely with the administrative team to provide both academic support and social-emotional support for all students
- Bachelor’s degree, Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of five years of experience in an educational environment, preferably in an administrative capacity
- Sound understanding of academic plans and approaches to learning
- Experience working with young students
- Experience working with and coaching teachers on effective instructional methods
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in tutoring or case management is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Critically, an applicant should possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations and be open to new ideas in education.
Salary for this position is competitive and based upon education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package including health coverage, housing allowance, travel allowance, and more.
Job Reference #: 1153017