Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Middle/High School Music Teacher
Middle/High School Music Teacher
|Office:||BASIS International School Nanjing|
BASIS International School Nanjing is seeking qualified candidates for Middle/High School Music Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
Middle/High School Music teachers build upon the foundation established in the elementary grades. Students will continue to learn singing techniques, music theory, and aural skills; while being introduced to basic instrument techniques, improvisation, and arranging. Music teachers also have the unique opportunity to collaborate with other teachers to bring music into history, technology, and other areas to provide further context and enhanced learning for students. Our teachers are encouraged to bring their own passion into the classroom and share with students in an enthusiastic and innovative way to produce extraordinary outcomes.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in Music.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to create interdisciplinary lessons and incorporate music as a part of other areas of knowledge.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students' academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
- A Bachelor's degree in Music or Music Education; in addition to a Bachelor's degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement.
- Documentation of passage of a state or national authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the special certification.
- Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background clearance.
Preferred: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Must be open to new ideas in teaching. Practical experience in performing, composing, or recording music is strongly preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Job Reference #: 856519