Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
|Office:||BASIS Independent Manhattan|
BASIS Independent Manhattan is looking for qualified candidates for an IT Technician!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just several years, we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to...
The Technology (Desktop Support) Coordinator's primary role is to provide help desk operations and to ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance for all technology and operational needs. This includes all help desk requests and resolutions for the operations and academics staff as well as BASIS provided student resources. The Technology coordinator is the sole IT resource at the school and as such, the person in this position needs to have strong desktop support experience and expertise, entry-level knowledge of systems/network administration and the experience to provide excellent customer service focused on teacher and student success. The position also includes assisting in the maintenance of Building Management Systems and Security/Access Control systems running on Windows based platforms. The position requires an individual who excels at managing time and user needs across a varied environment, being responsible for application support, hardware support and user education. Familiarity with a matrixed management organization is beneficial. Technology Coordinators must have the ability to engage with users of various technical skill sets effectively and understand the needs of the school as a whole.
The Technology Coordinator position is a great opportunity to work for a highly dynamic, fast-paced organization. The BASIS Curriculum Schools academic program is consistently ranked among the top 10 programs nationally and is competitive on an international scale. The mission of BASIS Curriculum Schools is to provide an academically excellent and rigorous liberal arts college preparatory education to all students. It is imperative that our staff share our vision of improving the state of education in our country.
- Serves as a help desk tier 1 and 2 engineer to support desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones
- Imaging computers utilizing Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and Microsoft provisioning tools
- Office 365 Administration
- Maintains system processes related to file and system backups
- Supporting a wide variety of network and software applications (firewall, web filter, corporate managed virus protection)
- Maintain Active Directory user and computer accounts
- Maintain with Windows Server Update Services
- Maintains telephony equipment including VoIP and analog services
- Recommends hardware, software and consumables for purchase
- Maintain updated and accurate inventory lists
- Analyze, design and implement IT solutions at the school level
- Analyze and report performance of enterprise solutions to the Central IT department
- Maintain and create documentation of IT processes
- Troubleshoot Network and Wi-Fi infrastructure issues
- Configure, update and maintain school image profiles
- Outlook, Skype and SharePoint configuration and training
- Maintains computer and mobile device updates/patches
- Maintain Cisco phone equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of the BASIS Independent Schools model
- Attention to detail and strong organization and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills
- Strong project/time management skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written or verbal form
Education and Experience Requirements
- Technical or Associates degree; experience can be considered in place of degree
- 2-3 years in an IT Help Desk environment supporting Windows 10
- Knowledge of SharePoint and Office 365, Windows Server 2012/2016, Active Directory
- Experience with managing work within a Help Desk ticketing system
- Basic understanding of IP Routing, network troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques
- Basic experience with monitoring and configuring monitoring tools such as PRTG
- Experience with MDT, WSUS and Antivirus/Encryption tools
- Experience with Laptop/Tablet hardware maintenance, computer hardware diagnostics
- Experience with supporting large Multi-Function Printers
- Experience administering network devices
- Familiarity with Cisco Call Manager, Commercial Building Security Software and Content Filtering solutions
- The ideal applicant will have experience in school setting or youth-serving organization
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
Job Reference #: 793027