Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Interim Head of School
Interim Head of School
|Office:||BASIS Independent McLean|
BASIS Independent McLean is seeking an Interim Head of School!
BASIS Independent McLean (McLean, VA) invites nominations and applications for the position of Interim Head of School, to begin immediately. The Interim Head of School will forge a continued path forward with an energetic and collaborative approach as the school begins its search for a permanent Head of School. The Interim period is expected to last one school year. The Interim may apply for the permanent Head of School position.
BASIS Independent and International Schools is a group of eleven schools in some of the world’s most dynamic centers in China, Thailand, and the U.S. In the last five years, we have opened U.S. campuses in Silicon Valley, New York City, and Northern Virginia. BASIS Independent has risen to prominence, in part, because of its practice of benchmarking student achievement against the highest international standards. The BASIS Curriculum, honed and refined over two decades, is rooted in best practices found in top education systems around the world, including those of Singapore, Finland, and Korea. Other BASIS Independent distinctions include network-wide support for subject-expert teachers, a disciplined approach to data collection and analysis to inform strategy, and a school network that allows for robust collaboration among campus leaders. Every BASIS Independent Head of School has the support of a central multi-functional business office and a peer network. With its novel approach to school improvement and its global network, BASIS Independent is very much a model school for the 21st Century!
Our BASIS Independent McLean campus is proximate to Washington, D.C. and the school of choice for many Northern Virginia professional families. Opened in 2016, the school serves over 430 children and young adults in preschool through Grade 12. The school is building toward a capacity of more than double the current enrollment, so our next leader needs to be enthusiastic about the BASIS mission and comfortable communicating the school’s strengths to current and prospective families. Our next leader, even in an interim capacity, will be encouraged and empowered to continue developing programs, rituals and traditions that will serve the BASIS Independent McLean community going forward, and to contribute to the collective wisdom of the multi-school organization.
Broadly, our next leader should possess the following qualities:
- Credibility with faculty that is grounded in experience having taught either advanced-placement or college courses, in an accelerated curriculum program, or served as a college counselor or an instructional coach at any level. Our leader should hold an advanced degree.
- A proven record of sound judgment and for building strong, effective, and trusting relationships with all members of a school community, including school leadership, faculty, staff, students and their families - as well as prospective families.
- High level of interpersonal skills; a discernible passion for working with children and their parents; an individual who is approachable and sincere.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
The leader of a school in its founding years needs to be passionate and visionary but adaptable and eager to collaborate with teams within the school building and at BASIS Independent’s central office. While our Head of School is engaged in establishing campus priorities and staffing plans, he/she is not expected to do any fundraising. Furthermore, each campus employs a Head of Operations to oversee budget management and campus operations.
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
Job Reference #: 1074475