Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Head of Operations
Head of Operations
|Office:||BASIS Baton Rouge Primary - Mid City Campus|
|Location:||Baton Rouge, LA|
BASIS Baton Rouge Mid City is seeking a Head of Operations to start ASAP!
This position is reporting to the Vice President of Charter Schools, the Head of Operations will be responsible for the Finance and Facilities functions for the school site including vendor selection and management, purchasing and accounting, facilities management and technology. This position also serves as the onsite human resources contact, implementing programs designed by central office. This position partners with the Head of School to ensure that the academics are able to meet BASIS standards and manages a small operations staff.
- Oversees the physical operation of the school including security, IT, VOIP, copiers etc. and maintains the schools inventory of hardware and software
- Manages the school budget and acts as the on-site bookkeeper keeping an accurate and continuous record of the financial position of the school, in partnership with a School Accountant based in the Central Office
- Partners with the head of school with decisions regarding salaries and benefits for all personnel, including the evaluation of support staff.
- Manages human resource functions for school employees in partnership with the central human resources team
- Researches, evaluates, purchases and manages school services including building maintenance, housekeeping and grounds
- Manages the purchase of all supplies including textbooks and school operating supplies
- Arranges bids and develops specifications for all outside contractual work
- Ensures the safety of personnel and students in their use of the facilities including the scheduling and management of required drills (fire, lockdown, etc.)
- Manages the front office and specialized support staff including registrar and records management
- Maintains accurate and complete records of all school assets
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Demonstrated knowledge of management principles and practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think analytically and strategically
- Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently with diverse constituents while maintain high professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Enjoys working in an environment serving children
- Willingness and ability to address facility issues from plumbing and sanitation to repair and maintenance
Education and preferred experience
- MBA or Bachelor’s in Business Administration or similar degree
- 3-5 years in a financial or purchasing management role
- 2+ years of experience with facilities management
- Experience with HR related functions preferred
- Education management or non-profit management a plus
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
BASIS (collectively, BASIS Educational Group, Inc. d/b/a BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and any other entity managed by BASIS.ed), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.
Job Reference #: 1726227