Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Head of Middle School
Head of Middle School
|Office:||BASIS International Shenzhen|
|Location:||Nanshan District, Shenzhen, GD|
BASIS International School Shenzhen is seeking qualified candidates for Head of Middle School!
The primary focus of this role is on teaching management, stewardship of classroom excellence, managing divisional faculty, and parent education on all aspects of student experience (academic, co-curricular, athletic, behavioral, pastoral, et al) in their division.
Position responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
Supervision of: Teachers, Subject Coordinators, Deans, Vice Directors Responsibilities:
- Spend a minimum of 90 minutes every school day in classroom observations
- Observe, supervise, and evaluate their divisional Faculty in the development and implementation of curriculum including the development of the master schedule, teaching assignments, and student classes
- Oversee academic guidance, grading, and standards for student assessments
- Develop a rich professional learning program for their teachers
- Guide faculty in classroom management, teaching methods, and school procedures to ensure the student classroom experience is characterized by high expectations and high levels of support
- Facilitate opportunities for Staff to exchange information and ideas to ensure a school climate that is supportive with high morale
- Create effective parent communication for their divisions including informational programming such as Parent Education Events)
- Work with the Head of School and Administration on the program and implementation of all school events, such as: Curriculum Night, State of the School, Middle School parent nights and rising parent and student events.
- Where applicable, support College Admissions in achieving the goals for college admittance
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Academic Programs and management peers on the processes necessary for the development of the master school schedule and master calendar
- Participate in activities coordinated by the admissions team: informational meetings, personal family meetings, and select community events to ensure that the school meets annual recruitment goals
- Work with faculty and staff to administer admissions operations
- Create onboarding programs for the orientation of new faculty under the guidance of the Head of School
- Hold regular meetings with faculty to exchange information and ideas
Job Reference #: 1177357