Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Grants Compliance Specialist
Grants Compliance Specialist
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office is looking for a Grants Compliance Specialist to join the team ASAP!
Position Summary The BASIS.ed Grants Compliance Specialist is responsible for researching and identifying grants, available restricted funds, and philanthropic opportunities. The Grants Compliance Specialist will be the subject matter expert for grants and other similar funding sources and will provide direction and assistance to school and Central Office personnel in planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting related to grants. Under the supervision of the Director of Compliance, this individual will interact with various internal departments, state agencies, nonprofit organizations, and all levels of management in the interest of achieving Compliance department strategic objectives to aid schools in smooth and compliant operations, while embodying BASIS.ed philosophy and its value proposition.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Serves as the subject matter expert for program content and compliance and business requirements for federal and state grants and restricted funding and relevant philanthropic awards and donations in each state where BASIS.ed manages BASIS Charter Schools-Arizona, Texas, Louisiana, Washington, D.C.
- Researches grants and philanthropic opportunities to identify potential funding prospects for the schools and communicates specifications to Legal & Compliance, School Management, Finance & Accounting, and other relevant BASIS.ed departments to determine which opportunities to pursue
- Acts as a liaison between schools and Finance & Accounting for purposes of creating and submitting grants applications and budgets, progress monitoring, and reporting
- Provides initial training and ongoing coaching for school personnel and central office staff on program and compliance requirements
- Works with schools to prepare comprehensive needs assessments, conducts and drafts root cause analysis, and assists in development of goals and integrated action plans (IAP)
- Assists schools with planning and implementing programmatic and compliance requirements and monitors completion of benchmarks and required events
- In conjunction with the Director of Compliance, provides relevant information to the charter schools’ Boards of Directors
- In conjunction with Finance & Accounting, monitors and reports on expenditures for budgeted items
- Knowledge of general terminology for compliance and education industries, as well as general knowledge of compliance requirements in public schools
- General knowledge of school operations
- Knowledge of grant writing
- Knowledge of 2 CFR and 34 CFR EDGAR
Skills and Abilities
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret statutes, regulations, and agency guidance
- Ability to review documents for spelling, grammar, organization, consistency, format, and adherence to department standards
- Ability to develop accurate and comprehensive functional specifications for business processes and technological solutions
- Ability to use independent judgement and make sound decisions while meeting time sensitive deadlines
- Well organized, detail-oriented, able to manage multiple competing tasks, efficient and able to work independently and think critically
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to communicate professionally across all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student, employee, and company information
- Ability to prepare and deliver in-person and online training presentations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite Applications
Bachelors Degree Required.
Experience: 2+ years of experience acting as a project manager for grants or other funds within a complex organization. Additional preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated experience working on federal grants in K-12 schools, particularly Title I
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office - must have advanced proficiency with MS Excel
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BASIS Texas Charter Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.