Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed Central Office Scottsdale is seeking qualified candidates for a Financial Analyst!
The BASIS.ed Central Offices provide critical support to our top ranked schools. Your ability to drive results impacts our schools'; success and the global growth of our organization. If you're excited about how your work will influence educational outcomes or support global growth, bring that excitement with you to this role.
The role of the Financial Analyst is to develop financial models and provide analysis to stakeholders. Perform financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting, cash flow modeling, variance analysis, and ad-hoc analysis on a diverse range of projects. Recommend process efficiencies and give guidance to the accounting staff. Responsible for providing process improvement research and implementation for the growing finance unit. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Retrieve financial data directly from financial databases
- Generate reports using Microsoft Excel for further analysis
- Prepare and analyze budget variance reports
- Develop improved reporting methods and distribution
- Optimize business process associated with the finance unit of a growing organization
- Provide ad-hoc projects and analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Organized - Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and managing tasks. Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work well under pressure.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay exceptional attention to the minute details and accuracy of a project or task.
- Conflict Resolution - Find common ground between conflicting viewpoints; demonstrate patience and flexibility.
- Communication - Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete and concise. Ability to organize data into user-friendly formatting/reporting.
- Accountable - Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information. Ability to make decisions independently and quickly if needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related business field from a regionally accredited college or university
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Microsoft Office - must have advanced proficiency with MS Excel, SharePoint, Power BI, SQL and VBA knowledge preferred.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.