Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
|Office:||BASIS Independent Fremont|
BASIS Independent Fremont is seeking qualified candidates for a Facilities Coordinator!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for providing various facility and operational services of the school that are critical to providing a successful educational environment to our students and staff. This is accomplished through detailed attention to the cleanliness and functional operability of the physical school building.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Support the Facilities Manager with building maintenance, and immediately responds to building emergencies
- Perform general cleanup of all areas of the building as directed (classrooms, offices, restrooms, etc.)
- Manage, track, and respond to Facilities tickets (requests) as they come in
- Negotiate and/or bid work to obtain competitive pricing and the best quality
- Maintain cumulative records of all work completed, and monitor all scheduled maintenance actions and progress
- Keep current on follow-up dates for all outstanding requests for proposals, and work orders
- Assemble, disassemble, and set-up furniture systems as requested
- Perform various minor work such as painting, wall repairs, etc.
- Receive, audit, and maintain inventories of supplies and equipment
- Support school events conducted at the facility and provide needed equipment and set-up/tear-down
- Support the Head of Operations on other projects and tasks
- Other duties as required
- A background in building facility maintenance
- Good knowledge of methods, tools, materials and equipment to be used in maintaining the facility
- Exhibits organizational skills and good time management with the ability to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks and demands of the job
- Must have problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Consistently applies good judgement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Flexible with changing work assignments when needed.
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs.
- Ability to use online programs, tools and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Dependable, self-motivated and ownership of tasks
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance is required to work at BASIS
- 3+ years of Facilities & building maintenance experience
- Experience handling facility maintenance
- Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.