Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
|Office:||BASIS San Antonio Primary - North East|
|Location:||San Antonio, TX|
BASIS.ed is seeking an Events Coordinator to join our growing team in Texas! This position will be coordinating different events for our schools.
The Events Coordinator plays an important role in planning internal and external events to promote BASIS Charter Schools. We are looking for a hands-on event planner who will flawlessly plan and execute small to large events for school faculty, staff, parents, donors, and VIP guests.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events and how to maximize the guest experience.
- Coordinate special event communications and logistics.
- Posting and promoting events using social media and email drip campaigns.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors and venues
- Meet with vendors, collect quotes, negotiate rates, and secure contracts.
- Planning event details and aspects, including creating seating charts, menu selection, traffic and parking, music, PPT's and AV requirements.
- Creating and sending out invitations and managing rsvps.
- Experience in event contracts, BEO's, occupancy laws, and fire codes.
- Creating reliable financial reports
- Tracking expenses and maintaining budgets.
- Experience in scriptwriting, show flows, and anticipating audiovisual needs.
- Managing events as the day-of onsite coordinator to manage vendors during load-in and teardown and to troubleshoot potential problems that may arise
- Planning for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event
- Arrange meetings, generate mailings, respond to correspondence, send follow-up communications, and enter data into the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
- Work diligently and with great responsiveness to ensure high quality and timeliness of work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in planning small to large events.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Fluent with Microsoft Office including Excel
- Fluent with PowerPoint
- Experience with Constant Contact and Eventbrite (or similar email and event management tools).
- Experience posting and boosting events on Facebook and Instagram.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Job Reference #: 1683440