Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
English Language Arts Teacher
English Language Arts Teacher
|Office:||BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour|
BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour is seeking qualified candidates for English Language Arts Teacher for the 2020-21 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As an English Language Arts Teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans and to teach creative thinking and problem solving. You also have the opportunity to collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to create interdisciplinary lessons with other subjects the students are studying, such as drama or history.
English Language Arts teachers build upon the elementary years’ foundation of language and social science skills and knowledge. Language Arts concepts covered include the writing process, grammar, reading comprehension, and literary and rhetorical devices. In AP level classes, topics related to the AP English Language and Literature exams are also covered. Teachers have the freedom to choose their own books and texts to maximize student learning, and to select materials that will excite and engage their students with the subject. We encourage our teachers to bring their own excitement and passion for their subject into the classroom to spark students’ natural curiosity and enhance their interest.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in English Language Arts.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
A Bachelor’s degree and ability to successfully pass a background clearance. In addition to a Bachelor’s degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement. In some cases, a Bachelor’s degree and documentation of passage of a state authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the highly qualified requirement. Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required.
Preferred: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master’s or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Must be open to new ideas in teaching.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Job Reference #: 1164300