Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Elementary Teacher - West Valley
Elementary Teacher - West Valley
|Office:||Phoenix Metro Area|
BASIS.ed is seeking a 2nd Grade Teacher in the West Valley starting ASAP!
The role of the Learning Expert Teacher (LET) is to tailor class curriculum to best match the unique learning styles of individual students and acclimate students to a culture of rigor and academic excellence. Learning Expert Teachers manage the personal progress of each student and provide communication to parents and applicable school staff.
- Evaluate students' academic and social growth
- Keep appropriate records and prepare progress reports
- Communicate with parents through e-mail, conferences, and other means to discuss students' progress and behavior
- Identify and assess student needs and work with other teachers and staff to help students overcome struggles (e.g., social, emotional, learning, health)
- Partner with Subject Expert Teacher to integrate student-specific learning styles into lesson planning andassist in tailoring messages to students to best achieve learning and retention.
- Supervise students during classroom transitions throughout the day
- Participate in extracurricular activities, such as clubs and sports
- Support the execution of non-instructional functions, such as "Early Bird," "Late Bird," and lunch
- Maintain regular, full, predictable attendance
- Supervise individual students and/or groups of students
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in education or related degree (or 24+ credit hours in applicable subject matter with other degree)
Certifications and Credentials: Valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card and/or satisfactory applicable state background check
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in elementary education or child development
Certifications and Credentials: None
Experience: 2+ years elementary teaching/early education experience
Computer Skills: None
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Job Reference #: 1134267