Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Elementary Art Teacher
Elementary Art Teacher
|Office:||BASIS International Guangzhou|
BASIS International School Guangzhou is seeking qualified candidates for Elementary Art Teacher for the 2019/2020 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance. Our elementary classrooms are taught by two teachers-one Subject Expert Teacher (SET) and one Learning Expert Teacher (LET).
BASIS International Elementary Subject Expert Teachers are able to focus their teaching on a specific subject rather than preparing lessons for several subjects every day. They work collaboratively with Learning Expert Teachers (LETs) to cultivate a joyful learning culture where hard work is celebrated and where intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary student outcomes. At the primary level, LETs help you focus on instruction while they ensure individual student understanding according to student needs. As an Art Subject Expert Teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans, and to teach students about different art mediums, history, and how art is influenced by, and in turn influences, our culture and society.
Elementary Art teachers lay a foundation by incorporating different artistic mediums, techniques, history, and student displays. Elementary Art teachers also have the unique opportunity and ability to collaborate with other Subject Expert Teachers to incorporate and enhance student learning by blending art content with other subjects, such as history. Our Art Teachers are passionate and excited to teach their students in innovative ways, and our students are eager to learn and grow.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Prepare subject specific lessons in Art for elementary school-aged students.
2. Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and deliver exceptional results for all students.
3. Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
4. Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
5. Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
6. Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Art or related field; or a degree in Elementary/Primary Education with additional course work, or special certification for Art teaching
o Documentation of passage of a state or national authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the special certification.
- Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required
- Must be able to successfully pass a background clearance
Preferred: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master’s or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Must be open to new ideas in teaching.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Job Reference #: 977759