Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
|Office:||BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour|
BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour is seeking qualified candidates for an Economics Teacher for the 2020-21 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As an Economics teacher, you will have the opportunity to present your material in your own way, while achieving clearly defined goals for student knowledge. Students will learn about the importance of economics as a tool for making sense of the world, not only for monetary transactions, but also in other subjects such as biology, politics, and more. You also have the unique opportunity to collaborate with other teachers to bring other subjects into Economics class and enhance students’ cross-subject understanding.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Prepare subject specific lessons in Economics.
2. Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
3. Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
4. Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
5. Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
6. Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
A Bachelor’s degree and ability to successfully pass a background clearance. In addition to a Bachelor’s degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement. In some cases, a Bachelor’s degree and documentation of passage of a state authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the highly qualified requirement. Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required.
Preferred: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master’s or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Must be open to new ideas in teaching.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Job Reference #: 1190455