Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
|Office:||BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour|
BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour is seeking qualified candidates for Drama Teacher for the 2020-21 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As a Drama Teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans, and to teach students drama and theater as a form of self-expression, story-telling, and the ability of drama to help shape our communities and society.
Drama teachers build upon the foundation of the elementary years as instruction dives deeper into theater vocabulary, history, technology, stage design, and movement. Students learn how to tell stories with and without words, self-expression through drama, and how to perform for an audience. Drama Teachers are able to collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to tie in lessons with what students are learning in other subjects. Our Drama Teachers are passionate and excited to teach their students in innovative ways, and our students are eager to learn and grow.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in Drama for middle-high school aged students.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Theater, Theater Education, or related field; or a degree in Elementary/Secondary Education with additional course work (24-30 credit hours) in Theater, or special certification for Theater and Drama teaching.
- Documentation of passage of a state or national authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the special certification.
- Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background clearance.
Preferred: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master’s or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Must be open to new ideas in teaching.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, retirement benefit, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Job Reference #: 1190459