Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Director of Operations
Director of Operations
|Office:||BASIS Washington DC|
|Location:||Washington DC, DC|
BASIS Washington DC is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Operations to start ASAP!
The Director of Operations is responsible for assisting the Head of Operations in the day to day operations of the school. Responsible for vendor selection and management, assists with purchasing and accounting, and helps facilitate technology management. Serves as a point of contact for school operations.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Assist the Head of Operations with creating a strategic plan for non-academic programs, and helps lead its execution
- Help manage extracurricular programs for staffing and facility needs
- Improve operational systems, processes, and policies
- Maintain documentation of policies and procedures
- Monitor and execute training and documentation of operation compliance with BASIS.ed operational mandates
- Assist in the coordination of all operational needs and processes
- Support the Head of Operations in the coordination of payroll with central office and school based finance team
- Help oversee the physical operation of the school including security and IT
- Oversee the maintenance of the school inventory of hardware and software
- Research, evaluate, purchase and manage school services including building maintenance, housekeeping and school grounds
- Manage the purchases of all supplies including textbooks and school operating supplies
- Arrange bids and develop specifications for all outside contractual work
- Work with the Head of Operations in ensuring the safety of personnel and students in their use of the facilities including the scheduling and management of required drills (fire, lockdown, etc.)
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all school assets
- Other duties as assigned
- Organized- Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and coordinating tasks
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deescalate high emotion situations. Find common ground between conflicting viewpoints
- Communication- Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete and concise
- Accountable: Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information
- Cooperative - Seek out and engage in group participation to complete or improve work. Work effectively with others in a positive and productive manner
- Relatable- Build genuine relationships. Be respectful and inclusive in decision making; work well with others regardless of level, background or opinions; maintain positive and professional relationships
- Efficient- Prioritize and execute day to day responsibilities to best respond to business demands. Maximize productivity and minimize wasted time
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Business Administration, Finance or similar degree. Certifications and Credentials: Valid Finger Print Clearance Card and or applicable state background check
Experience: Financial experience, facilities management experience, and experience with Human Resources related functions preferred. Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Share Point
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.