Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Director of Marketing and Communications
Director of Marketing and Communications
|Department:||Design and Marketing|
|Office:||BASIS Independent Schools Central Office - New York City|
|Location:||New York City, NY|
BASIS Independent Schools is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Marketing and Communications!
Who we are...
Our mission is redefining education by raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. BASIS Independent Schools provide a joyful learning school community, where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just a few years we have established five highly-regarded schools (PreK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions - New York, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia with more campuses opening in the coming years. We are building a team of highly-talented, passionate and hardworking professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What you will do around here ...
BASIS Independent Schools is seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications to lead strategy and execution around marketing for new student enrollment, branding, and positioning of the BASIS Independent Schools network overall. This role, based in the central office in New York, NY, is responsible for all marketing assets from websites to print collateral, setting strategy, managing optimization of digital and traditional media, and overseeing execution of all marketing campaigns to attract, engage, and convert prospective families looking for an exceptional college preparatory education. This person also maintains tools related to upper funnel tracking and consults on tools and processes for full funnel contact management. You will also work with Heads of School and Communications staff to ensure there is synergy between paid advertising, PR and their communication with current and prospective families. Your ability to adapt to and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment will constantly be tapped as you act as the gate keeper of our messaging and brand identity, starting with our websites and marketing collateral, through to leading partner relationships and internal paid marketing efforts to cost-effectively support enrollment efforts. The position is a direct report of the Executive Vice President.
You can expect to...
- Develop and manage execution and measurement of comprehensive marketing plans designed to meet and exceed enrollment targets in all BASIS Independent Schools markets
- Strategically manage a digital media partner to ensure high level performance
- Manage, train, and ensure professional development of a team responsible for execution and support of marketing efforts.
- Create, maintain, and contribute to our written communications, including but not limited to our websites, printed material, advertisements; and network-wide internal communications
- Collaborate with communications personnel at the campus level and PR to ensure maximization of earned and owned media and placements
- Work diligently and with great responsiveness to fulfill the day to day marketing needs of the BASIS Independent Schools' admissions teams and leadership.
- Assess the effectiveness of marketing by tracking and analyzing results and optimizing as necessary; you are responsible for measurement and devising new ways of analyzing performance
- Play a lead strategic role in new market expansion
- Be the ultimate problem solver: you will create solutions to marketing and communications challenges, whether establishing a better performance measurement system, helping generate demand for a new program, or strategizing how to deliver challenging news
- Lead large scale projects to improve the infrastructure of the marketing team, marketing practice, or metrics tracking
- Remain on the pulse of education policy and the private school landscape in order to best communicate BASIS Independent Schools' brand and competitive positioning
To join our team you must have...
The ability to drive results through a tireless work ethic, meeting quick turn-around timelines, building and leading successful partner relationships, and constantly thinking creatively about how we can further elevate and enhance the BASIS Independent School presence. Eternally creative, you know how to turn your ideas for how to truly standout in the education space into reality and name the resources needed to get there. You are a guru in data-driven marketing and have expertise in marketing and communications strategy, social media marketing, email marketing, website management, SEO, and more. You can seamlessly move from hands-on execution to high-level strategic discussions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Great organization & multi-tasking skills
- High-level knowledge of digital marketing best practices
- Demonstrated experience in working with external partners
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, willing to take risks in a demanding start-up culture
- High personal integrity and ethical sensitivity
- Strong team building and coaching skills
- Ability to anticipate needs of the school-based admissions and communications teams, be it web content changes, or development of webpages or forms
- Excellent analytical skills and experience with metrics, dashboarding, and ROI reporting
- Comfort with a variety of CMS systems; experience with Hubspot and inbound marketing is a big plus
Required: A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a hybrid marketing role with a track record of professional growth and success. Candidates with diverse experiences are encouraged to apply.
You are a skilled manager of data and the creative aspects in marketing and can support and develop a team to be highly effective. You enjoy managing but are also a "doer" that is accustomed to rolling up their sleeves and getting things done.
The nitty gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.