Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Director of Compliance
Director of Compliance
|Office:||BASIS San Antonio Primary - North East|
|Location:||San Antonio, TX|
The Director of Compliance is responsible for assisting all schools to meet regulatory obligations. The Director of Compliance oversees state reporting of student data, required compliance submissions to state and federal regulatory agencies, program compliance for state and federal grants and restricted funds, and ensuring schools have policies and procedures in place that conform with legislative and executive agency requirements. The Director of Compliance provides direct service and support to schools to assist with development and implementation of compliant practices related to school facilities requirements, records management, compliance training coordination, and investigations into student code of conduct violations involving allegations of harassment and discrimination based on actual or perceived protected class status. In collaboration with the School Management Team, The Director of Compliance will act as a central resource for all BASIS Texas Charter Schools on any compliance matters.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure schools are in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulatory bodies
- Research and implement regulatory compliance deadlines
- Establish and maintain compliance reporting schedules/calendars
- Educate managers on compliance requirements and reporting schedule obligations
- Ensure the organization stays current with changes in legislative and regulatory requirements as they pertain to charter school operations in multiple jurisdictions
- Oversee the maintenance of appropriate documentation to meet programmatic compliance that is derived from charter school operation
- Coordinate with finance division on related fiscal compliance measures
- Develop, recommend, and implement policies, procedures, practices, and systems to ensure compliance with applicable statutes and regulations, oversight agencies’ rules, policies, and guidance, and agreements
- Collect, compile, analyze, interpret, and present information and statistical data related to assigned responsibilities
- As Title IX Coordinator for all BASIS Texas Charter Schools, oversee all Title IX related activities
- Conduct Title IX and Title VI investigations, including interviewing parties and witnesses and reviewing applicable documentation to make findings, draw conclusions, and provide recommendations in a written report In collaboration with the BASIS Texas Superintendent, School Management, and the Growth team, draft expansion amendment applications and related grant applications
- Develop and implement training and development activities for administrators, faculty, staff, and students related to compliance requirements
- Analyze the effect of and make recommendations on proposed legislations and regulations related to compliance
- Through direct supervision of the State Reporting Specialist, oversee all state reporting of school, student, and staff data
- Provides guidance to School Management and Finance & Accounting regarding compliance requirements for state and federal grants and restricted funds and assists schools to meet regulatory requirements in the application, goal setting for budgeting, and program implementation stages.
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Organized - Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing, and coordinating tasks.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Communication - Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete and concise, including the ability to distill complex concepts and requirements into easy to understand processes for compliance.
- Accountable - Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Efficient - Prioritize and execute day to day responsibilities to best respond to business demands. Maximize productivity and minimize wasted time.
- Knowledge of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act as reauthorized by the Every Student Succeeds Act
- Knowledge of the federal regulations that implement the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and Texas records retention schedules
- Knowledge of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and its implementing regulations Knowledge of the Texas Education Code, especially Chapter 12, and Title 19 of the Texas Administrative Code
- Knowledge of state statutes and rules regarding staff qualifications, background checks, and mandatory reporting requirements in Texas charter schools
- Knowledge of Average Daily Attendance and the Foundation School Program
- Knowledge of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Certifications and Credentials: Valid Finger Print Clearance Card and or applicable state background check
Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience working with state regulatory bodies, state or local agencies, and/or state legislatures. Experience in public education, administration, specifically with charter schools, preferred, in an educational environment, preferably within an administrative role. 2+ years of experience related to student-level data reporting requirements for K-12 schools and school funding through state aid and state and federal grants and restricted funding, preferred. Experience working with PEIMS is a plus.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, PowerSchool a plus.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088 ext.147.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BASIS Texas Charter Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Job Reference #: 1681582