Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Director of Auxiliary Programs
Director of Auxiliary Programs
|Office:||BASIS Independent Brooklyn|
BASIS Independent Brooklyn is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Auxiliary Programs!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
BASIS Independent Brooklyn, a Pre-K to 12 school, is seeking a Director of Auxiliary Programs to provide support services to the school's faculty and staff in order to meet the mission of BASIS Independent Schools. The Auxiliary Department manages non-academic aspects of school activities including clubs, sports, after school programs, student trips, and summer camps. In this role, the Director of Auxiliary Programs will ensure the smooth execution of these programs.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Design and maintain seasonal club and sports offerings including schedules.
- Evaluate demand for student after school and summer programs; Analyze student participation in activities and the financial impact; Serve as a point of contact and subject matter expert for parents, students, faculty, staff and contractors
- Facilitate rental of campus facilities to outside organizations;
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors;
- Coordinate, market and manage the after school and summer programs;
- Collect and process school fees; register students for campus programs
- Purchase equipment or services; and
- Perform clerical tasks.
- Team Athletics/League Sports
- Enrichment/In House Sports program
- A/S Enrichment Programs
- Aftercare Programs
- Student Social Events (prom, dances, mixers, etc)
- Parent Social Events
- Staff Social Events
- Field Trips (some during project week)
- Global Trip Planning/Support
- Summer Academic Programs(Math, English, Science )
- Enrichment Competitions for students ( History, Math, Debate)
Use and master internal and external IT platforms for
- Event/Program Registration
- Facilities use and space management
- Grow and Expand Program scope and depth
- Optimize revenue and expense targets
- Develop AUX team members
- Work with school leadership on budgets and strategies for growth
- Includes some evening and weekend work
- Business oriented
- Detail oriented
- Tech proficient
- Diplomatic with a variety of school constituencies
- Creative Problem solver/outside of box thinker
A Bachelor's degree and valid fingerprint clearance are required to work at BASIS Independent Schools. The ideal applicant will have administrative and/or event planning experience. A school setting or youth-serving organization is preferred.
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.