Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
|Office:||BASIS Oro Valley|
|Location:||Oro Valley, AZ|
BASIS Oro Valley is seeking a Dean Assistant for the 2019-20 school year!
The Teaching Fellow-Dean Assistant role is to assist the Dean suite with behavior and academic support while learning the BASIS.ed model. This person will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the school preparing him/her for the classroom or administration in the future. The Teaching Fellow-Dean Assistant will have a visible presence in all areas of the school and can assist with any issues relating to the well-being of the students during their time at the school.
- Assisting teachers with classroom management
- Student behavior and academic support
- Classroom teaching both part-time and subbing
- Assisting classroom teachers with events, labs, and testing
- Proctoring assessments
- Monitoring and managing student's non-scheduled time, to include Early Bird and Late Bird supervision and Lunch Monitor responsibilities
- Monitoring and managing study groups
- Coordinating homework and assignments for absent students
- Assisting Directors of Student Affairs and Deans with managing behavior and discipline
- Assisting Directors of Academic Programs with execution of key programs
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS.ed model
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong behavior management
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Ability to work with diverse constituents while maintain high professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor's Degree is required (education background in science preferred, but not required)
- Experience teaching or tutoring
- Ability to assist with adaptive technology
- Enthusiastic about working with students with special needs
- Ability to observe and discuss student progress
- Ability to collaborate with teachers and staff, and interact positively with all students
- Willingness to keep current in both subject matter knowledge and BASIS.ed teaching methodologies
Preferred Qualification: Education background in science
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.