Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Data Visualization Specialist
Data Visualization Specialist
|Office:||BASIS Independent Schools Tucson Office|
You’re a numbers person; you love data. You know how to organize the data and structure reports to make the data talk, painting a picture of what is happening and identify trends. You turn data into graphics, charts and maps that enable people to have a clear understanding of outcomes and progress, and make well informed decisions.
We thrive on data in steering our schools to continue to change the face of independent education in the U.S. and international education around the world. Your work will enable our schools to organize the delivery of our globally recognized curriculum, identify what is working, and see where we can provide students with greater support to achieve at the highest international levels.
The role of the Data Visualization Specialist is to process student, school and network outcomes for the BASIS Curriculum Schools and the organizations that manage and support BASIS Curriculum Schools. The Data and Visualization Specialist creates reports that enable school leaders and key managers throughout the organization to make informed, data-driven decisions.
- Access student and network performance information from internal and external data sources.
- Maintain data agreements with external vendors enabling centralized access to assessment results and student outcomes.
- Determine optimum data structure to enable visualizations.
- Develop and manage ETL processes.
- Develop and maintain database to house student and network performance information.
- Develop data visualizations to inform network decision-making utilizing Tableau or similar software.
- Update and replicate existing data visualizations for network-wide distribution.
- Train end users on data visualizations as needed.
- Manage roles and permission settings regarding data users.
- Assist in data checking and quality control of all published data across the BASIS network.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to data requests received through the IT Helpdesk service ticket.
- Develop policies and guidelines related to various processes in place within the BASIS network.
- Develop knowledge of various data sources (including, but not limited to, internal and external assessments) to inform data marketing decisions and verbiage regarding the presented data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with the BASIS Curriculum and the assessments administered to BASIS students
- Background in programming within data systems
- Knowledge of programing languages (Java, SQL, JSON)
- High attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Systems, Data Management or related field
Job Reference #: 1113125