Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Central Service Purchaser
Central Service Purchaser
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed is looking for an experienced Central Service Purchaser to work with BASIS.ed personnel, currently serving Arizona, Texas, DC, and Louisiana by centralizing purchasing. The position will be responsible for ensuring all state, federal, and local compliance requirements are met and are consistent with the organization’s internal controls.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to identify opportunities for efficiency and cost savings in relation to purchasing across the BASIS network.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations at the various BASIS schools to assist with meeting their purchasing needs timely while ensuring procurement compliance requirements are being met.
- Work closely with various vendors to obtain necessary quotes, bids, etc.
- Work closely with the accounting team and business partners to answer questions and support the business.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of the organization
- Assist with providing training and guidance to the various schools on their respective state, federal and local procurement requirements.
- 5+ years purchasing experience
- 2+ years of procurement experience, preferably in government grant funding
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, in a related field
- Knowledge of 2 CFR 200
- Knowledge of Intacct and ReqNet
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to obtain high quality goods and/or services at the most economical price.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and interface with all relevant internal teams and external business partners as needed.
- Aptitude to roll up your sleeves and get things done, while educating others.
- Experience with internal control compliance
- Experience with writing, scheduling and evaluating RFPs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel a plus
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, written, problem solving and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to drive results in a fast-paced/deadline oriented environment while managing multiple projects.
- Experience with ERP
- Previous experience with government grant and procurement requirements
- Strong desire to develop professional skill set and advance career
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.