Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
|Office:||BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour|
BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour is seeking qualified candidates for Band Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As a band teacher, you will have the opportunity to introduce woodwind, brass, and percussion students to varied and challenging repertoire, while also building on music history and theory concepts. Music theory concepts covered include written theory, aural skills, and composition, while music history is taught through learning about composers and listening to major musical works from different style periods.
Band teachers also expand students' music skills by working on tone, technique, intonation, expression, blend, and overall musicianship. You will guide students to achieve musical goals both as individuals and as a group, while building a foundation for future musical experiences, whether as a performer or audience member. BASIS International teachers are encouraged to bring their own passion and experiences with their subject into the classroom to spark students' interest and curiosity, and engage them with the subject.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare for and lead Band rehearsals and subject specific lessons in Music Theory and History.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to create interdisciplinary lessons and incorporate music as a part of other areas of knowledge.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students' academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
- A Bachelor's degree in Music or Music Education; in addition to a Bachelor's degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement.
- Documentation of passage of a state or national authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the special certification.
- Minimum two years teahing experience as a lead teacher required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background clearance.
Preferred: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Must be open to new ideas in teaching. Practical experience in performing, composing, or recording music is strongly preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits pacakge, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Job Reference #: 927052