Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed currently manages 27 tuition-free public charter schools across Arizona, Texas, Washington, D.C., and Louisiana that are consistently ranked among the best K-12 schools in the United States. The BASIS.ed Central Offices team provides critical support to our top ranked schools.
Your ability to drive results impacts our schools' success and the global growth of our organization. If you are excited about how your work will influence educational outcomes or support global growth, bring that excitement with you to this role!
BASIS.ed is looking to hire an Associate attorney for our Scottsdale office. The successful candidate demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit, willingness to work hard and do what it takes to support our schools and central office, and sound judgment in providing advice in a fast-paced environment.
- this entry-level legal role, you will combine legal research and your practical instincts to provide guidance on a variety of education law issues, including general school operation and day-to-day contract needs.
Your ability to adapt to and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment will be tapped as you work with management in both our central office and at each school. Your desire to make an impact will be satisfied as you address the broad needs of our schools with support and oversight from the senior legal team to enable school employees to effectively and efficiently provide the extraordinary education our students and parents expect.
Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- J.D. and licensed to practice law and in good standing, or eligible to be licensed.
- Ability to draft and review contracts related to a broad range of school and business operations
- Ability to research and analyze statutes, regulations, and case law to provide practical advice
- Ability to efficiently and effectively communicate with "non-lawyers"
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build relationships with a variety of internal stakeholders and third-party professionals
- Strong organizational and planning skills including the ability to remain flexible amid shifting priorities
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce quality, on-time work product
- An entrepreneurial spirit and an energetic do-what-it-takes attitude
- Intermediate or better skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- A high level of professionalism, confidence, and integrity
- 1-3 years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Regulatory, employment, or school law experience.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BASIS Texas Charter Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.