Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
Application Support and QA Analyst
Application Support and QA Analyst
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed is seeking qualified candidates for an Application Support and QA Analyst! Come join our exciting and growing team!
You successfully bridge the gap between non-technical and technical employees by working to understand business needs address them with technical solutions. You are capable of learning new systems quickly and facilitate understanding through documentation and training. You take pride in the accuracy of your work and know how to organize projects and prioritize competing responsibilities.
As the Application Support and QA Analyst, you will assist in ensuring the quality and timely delivery of software and data services developed by the Software and Analytics team. You will assess the business needs of the organization and develop use cases and user stories to document those needs. You will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for quality coordination and testing as well as suggesting solutions to identified quality problems. You will develop testing scenarios, test cases and test plan documents to verify the quality of the products we provide. You will also manage the help desk ticketing que for the Software and Analytics team to ensure users throughout the company get the help they need in a timely and effective manner.
Project Management/Task Creation
- Act as a liaison between business team and development team to gather, prioritize, analyze, verify, and communicate the business requirements for projects.
- Develop use case documents to identify, define and organize requirements.
- Document user stories that describe the functionality of project requirements.
- Create and implement a strategy for quality coordination and testing and suggest solutions to identified quality problems.
- Assist in developing the test plan, test scenarios, test data and test cases.
- Assist in creating test scenario, test data, test cases and test plan documents.
User Support/Help Desk/Ticketing
- Respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the helpdesk service.
- Gather information from end users to ensure issues are well defined.
- Classify each ticket with appropriate category and route them to the respective teams.
- Monitor tickets assigned to the Software and Analytics team to meet SLO.
POSITION SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in business modeling, prototyping, business process, workflow diagrams and use case diagrams.
- Experience with different system testing such as usability, load, regression, recovery, migration, functional testing.
- Experience using project management tools like JIRA/Confluence.
- Experience using SQL to query databases or willingness to learn.
- Strong commitment to customer service (e.g. responsive to emails, phone calls, proactive in providing feedback and maintaining communications with school managers, staff and teachers).
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, positive attitude and high level of initiative.
- High degree of self-motivation and drive.
- Ability to work in a high-functioning, fast-paced team environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Expert multi-task management and resource management.
- Ability to learn and master new systems.
- Commitment to the BASIS.ed culture and model.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.