Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.BASIS.edBASIS International Schools
AP Art History Teacher
AP Art History Teacher
|Office:||BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour|
BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour is seeking qualified candidates for AP Art History Teacher for the 2019/2020 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As an AP Art History Teacher it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans, and to teach students how to ask and answer central questions to art understanding, including: what is art? How is it made? Why and how does art change?
AP Art History teachers encourage students to ask questions and delve deeply into art s meaning and function, methodology, and how it affects and reflects its historical and cultural context. Topics related to the AP Art History Exam are also covered. AP Art History teachers also have the unique opportunity and ability to collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to enhance student learning by blending art content with other subjects, such as history or technology. Ultimately, the AP Art History Teacher s goal is to equip students to be able to mine meaning from any artwork they encounter throughout their lives.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Prepare subject specific lessons in AP Art History for high school aged students.
2. Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and deliver exceptional results for all students.
3. Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students education is at an internationally competitive level.
4. Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
5. Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students academic and career success.
6. Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
- A Bachelor s degree in Art or related field; or a degree in Elementary/Secondary Education with additional course work, or special certification for Art teaching
o Documentation of passage of a state or national authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the special certification.
- Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required
- Must be able to successfully pass a background clearance
Preferred: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master s or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Must be open to new ideas in teaching.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Job Reference #: 898765